Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Bloomington Parks & Recreation Speaker at Next Meeting
Bloomington Parks and Recreation staffer Dave Williams will speak at our next meeting. He will discuss the status of improvements along the B-Line, as well as the status of planning for the upcoming McDoel Switchyard Park. Please come and share your questions and ideas with Dave. Please join your neighbors at our next meeting: Thursday, May 2nd,6:30 PM McDoel Baptist Church, 1008 S. Rogers St. west entrance.
Posted by Jonathan Richardson at 1:48 PM No comments:
New McDoel Gardens Informational signs on B-line trail
- The Bloomington Parks and Recreation Department has installed two new informational signs along the B-Line, depicting the history of the McDoel Gardens neighborhood. The northern sign, entitled "Limestone and Elephants," is at W. Dodds, along the trail. The southern sign is located under the pedestrian bridge at W. Grimes and is entitled "Walking to Work." Walk on over and take a look!
Posted by Jonathan Richardson at 1:39 PM 3 comments:
Thursday, April 4, 2013
Neighborhood Plant Exchange Sunday, May 5.
- A neighborhood plant exchange will be hosted at 608 and 611 W. Dodds (corner of Dodds and Fairview), on Sunday, May 5th, from 1 – 3 PM.
Too many day lilies? Tall grasses need dividing? Black-eyed Susans taking over? Bring your extra plants, seeds, seedlings, starts and other living things to the neighborhood plant exchange. One gardener’s weed is another gardener’s salad! Perennials, annuals, shrubs, berry brambles, all are welcome! Exchange plants and gardening stories and get to know your neighbors. New to gardening, and don’t have anything to share? Stop by anyway, everyone is welcome. See you there!
Posted by Jonathan Richardson at 9:06 AM 2 comments:
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Adding Stop Signs at Dodds and Fairview Topic at Next Meeting April
Over the years, the subject of getting stop signs put in at Dodds and Fairview has come up from time to time. With enough support from neighbors, this might be the year we actually make it happen. Please come to our meeting on Thursday, April 4 and express your support for the addition of stop signs at that intersection.
Posted by Jonathan Richardson at 10:46 AM No comments:
Labels: Stop signs, traffic
Friday, January 18, 2013
Day On Volunteer Session at Community Kitchen
- Hello, Neighbors!
You are invited to join your McDoel Gardens neighbors for a Day On volunteer session at the Community Kitchen (1515 S Rogers St.), this upcoming Monday, January 21st. MLK day plans are to work from 10:30am to 12:30pm (having lunch of veggie chili & cornbread & salad from 12-12:30). We will be putting together Health Kits for Kids for our Backpack Buddies Program, doing some portioning and other tasks.
Sign Up for a Volunteer Slot on MLK Day! Due to the limitations of the projects needs, only have space for 10 adult & 10 kids to volunteer. These spots are open to any of our McDoel neighbors. As of today, all of the spots are open.
- Please contact Tim Clougher via email (email@example.com) or by calling the Kitchen at 332-0999 to sign-up for a spot. All spots are currently open.
See you all there!
Posted by Jonathan Richardson at 8:41 AM No comments:
Friday, October 12, 2012
McDoel Gardens Fall Block Party
- Come and enjoy an evening with your neighbors at our annual Fall Block Party this Saturday! It's a pitch-in, so feel free to bring a dish if you want to share something (but it's not required).
- When: Saturday, October 13th, 5 - 9 PM
Where: Madison Street, just south of Dodds.
- See You There!!
Posted by Jonathan Richardson at 10:11 AM No comments:
Thursday, August 2, 2012
B-Line Station Breaks Ground
- Ground has been broken on the development project at the corner of Morton and Dodds. Developer and McDoel Resident Matt Press has received permission from the City of Bloomington to name the project B-Line Station. Site work will continue until late fall, with the first buildings beginning construction in Late September. The first home should break ground in late September and be completed by March of 2013. The commercial area at the north end of the project should be completed by June of 2013. The townhome building (now called Garden Green Townhomes) should break ground in early 2013 and be completed by that fall.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)